I’ve been trying to find a helpful food plan for me, without much success. So far. 🙂
My thinking on diets is that whatever works for you (and is not illegal), do it. And I suppose if it is illegal but you don’t think it should be (I’m thinking about medical marijuana here), fight to get that changed. Like I have said before, no one cares about you as much as you do.
As I was going through some of my older blog posts, I found this one, which led me to what is now known as The Wahls Protocol. Seems time to try another plan.
I’m just going to start by upping my vegetable intake for a few weeks. Start each morning with a smoothie, for example.
So I present to you
The Basic Wahls Smoothie
Makes 2 servings
- 3 c. tightly packed kale or any other dark, leafy greens (or a mix, even)
- 1-14oz. can full-fat coconut milk (not lite or fat-free–need the fat!)
- water added to reach 2 c. liquid (about 1 cup)
- Any herbs or spices you like (of course no added sweetener, and no fruit–to keep carbs low–other than a maximum of 1 T. fresh citrus juice which will help with the bitterness)
- opt. Additional fat like 1 T. nut butter or 1 T. avocado to help reduce bitterness even more
Blend all until smooth-ish. Best if consumed immediately, but can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
According to Dr. Terry Wahls, “Experiment to determine how much fat and citrus juice you like best (you can also add citrus essential oils or fruit extracts to add a fruit flavor)…”