- True Lemon – “True Citrus products are the easiest way to add real, fresh squeezed taste to your water and recipes without piling on the sugar and salt.”
- A Slob Comes Clean – “Realistic home management strategies and a message of hope for the hopelessly messy.”
- The Wahl’s Protocol – “A guide about how to treat autoimmune conditions using functional medicine and nutrient-rich foods, from a doctor, researcher, and sufferer of progressive multiple sclerosis.”
- My salad wraps – My post about eating salad greens in a tortilla.
Wash my face once a day, every night. Don’t over wash and risk drying out the skin, causing it to produce more oil.
Wash my feet every night before bed, slather with lotion
Slather body lotion daily – moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
Use sunscreen daily or at least before venturing outside anywhere
Ask your GP to include a regular skin cancer check in your annual, or see a dermatologist. Some doctors recommend every year!
Drink lots of water
- book Enabling Acts: The Hidden Story of How the Americans With Disabilities Act Gave the Largest US Minority Its Right | (2016) Lennard J. Davis
- .pdf ADA and People with MS | (2015) NMSS
- article The Curb-Cut Effect | Stanford University
- Posing is hard except for taking a selfie with friends.
- Try to be about the same height with at least some of the others.
- Ask one or more others to lean on the back of or sit on arms of wheelchair.
- It’s friendlier if someone is touching you.
- I need to be more of a director with pictures; I can’t assume others know what works.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom, and thanks!
Lower Stress With the Healing Power of Mother's Voice | everydayhealth.com
For real change, you should only focus on one goal at a time. Like laser-focus. My example is Become an MS Expert.
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
Try to answer the six "w"s
-who is involved?
-what do I want to accomplish?
-when (time frame)
-which (requirements and constraints)?
-why (specific reasons, purpose, or benefits)?
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating)
Establish criteria for measuring progress
- Achievable (agreed, attainable)
Must be something you can be reasonably sure you are physically capable
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
Must represent an objective toward which you are willing and able to work
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)
Anchored to a time frame gives it an urgency that sets your unconscious mind into action
- Happify | website
"the single destination for effective, evidence-based solutions for better emotional health and wellbeing in the 21st century."
When I was first diagnosed, ATMs existed and there were 24-hour grocery stores. I remember thinking that of all the times in history to be struck by this disease, this was the best.
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC)
Generally, specialized neurologists at MS centers work primarily in the treatment of MS, have seen many more patients with MS and a much broader variety of symptoms than a general neurologist. To find the nearest MS center to you, visit the CMSC directory.
- Partners in Care
NMSS’s Partners in MS Care program involves healthcare professionals in neurology, mental health and rehabilitation. To find a Partner in MS Care, use the search tool here to find doctors near you. New partners are regularly added. If you do not find what you are searching for, want personal assistance, or seek additional names of healthcare providers, please contact an MS Navigator
- An MS Navigator
The National MS Society’s MS Navigator can help you find a healthcare provider. They can also help you identify benefits you might be entitled to and health insurance coverage.
This database offered by the U.S. National Library of Medicine has more than 27 million citations to biomedical research from Medline. You can see which doctors and facilities are publishing MS research and can be considered experts.
- Patients Like Me
Online communities like this one have chat rooms, blogs, and survey information. You might ask for recommendations there.